CODE OF CONDUCT FOR TEACHERS
The profession of teaching is a vocation that calls for high personal standards of ethics, responsibility and accountability. A teacher has to lead by example and his / her conduct in a school environment has great impact on students. As responsible, educated adults, teachers need to shoulder certain norms.
Keeping this in mind it is expected that No teacher shall…
- Knowingly or willfully neglect his/her duties.
- Discriminate against any student on the ground of caste, creed, language, and place of origin, social and cultural background.
- Indulge in, or encourage, any form of malpractice connected with examination or any other school activity.
- Make any neglect in correcting class-work or home work done by students.
- While being present in the school, excusing him/herself from the class which he/ she are required to attend.
- During the period of your service, you cannot join any college or pursue any course of studies without the prior approval of the Head of Institution.
- Remain absent from the school without sanction of leave or without previous permission of the head of the school. You cannot leave the country without prior sanction from the competent authority.
- Leave cannot be claimed as a matter of right. When the exigencies of school service so require leave of any kind may be refused or revoked by the management.
- Accept any remuneration related job from any source other than the school or give private tuition to any student or other person or engage him/her in any business.
- Prepare or publish any book or books, commonly known as keys, or assist, whether directly or indirectly, in their publication.
- Enter into any monetary transactions with any student or parent; nor shall she exploit her influence for personal ends.
- All teachers are responsible for maintaining their Class Attendance Register, Plan Book, Daily Diary and Examination Registers. For any loss of the same, the accountability rests solely in the hands of the respective teachers.
- All teachers are requested to get their Plan Book and Daily Diary signed every week.
- All the teachers are strictly forbidden from inflicting any corporal punishment to any student irrespective of any compelling circumstances whatsoever they may be. Incidents of this nature will be viewed seriously by the school administration.
- Teachers, especially those who are using their private mode of transport are required to leave from the school only after the departure of all students.
- Mobile phones are strictly not permissible in the Classrooms, Labs and Corridors.
Non-compliance or violation of any of the above mentioned rules can lead to appropriate action being taken against the concerned individual.